Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I "reset" Zonealarm?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arktos

Arktos

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:42 AM

I want to reset the ZoneAlarm's list of programs that have been secured / denied access to the web and stuff, because I accidentally blocked a critical program and I can't play my game (maplestory, if you must know XD), as I blocked the anti-hacking system that starts before the game itself.

is there a way to do this without reinstalling Zonealarm?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:13 PM

Which Zone Alarm?
You should be able to fo it from the Program Control on the Programs tab.
A drastic measure is to restart in safe mode and delete in windows\internet logs\ files that end with .RDB and .LDB extension. There are three of them. Bear in mind, this deletes ALL your settings, good and bad.

If only few programs are badly set, just left click on the cell where you now have X and change it to Allow.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:36 AM

I accidentally blocked a critical program and I can't play my game ... as I blocked the anti-hacking system that starts before the game itself. is there a way to do this without reinstalling Zonealarm?

Do you know the name of the program that you accidentally blocked? If so, click on Program control on the left. On the general tab make sure that SmartDefense Advisor is set to auto, then click on the programs tab on the upper right. On mine this is the second tab. Scroll down to the program in question, right click on the program and click remove. The system will automatically configure the settings for the program the next time the program is accessed.

Hope this helps,

Orange Blossom
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users