Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 Connected to Wireless network, but windows says Not connected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bryanmiler1

bryanmiler1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:50 AM

windows 10 Connected to Wireless network, but windows says Not connected.

I just installed windows 10 on my laptop. i was able to go online before i unistalled the AVG internet security from my system, coz there was some issue with AVG, so i just unistalled it, before avg was there, it was working fine, after i unistaled the AVG, i restarted the system. when i loged back on into the system and tried to download the AVG from internet, it was saying No Internet Connection.

WiFi was connected. i checked the Internet connection settings, there was no available connections.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

Hi

It may be a more general problem and nothing to do with AVG. Ever since  the upgrade to Windows 10 I have had very erratic Wi-Fi and several attempts by my ISP to correct it, with only temporary success. Apart from the loss of internet services what has irritated me about it is that the notifications from W10 as to whether or not I am connected, have been untrustworthy.

The taskbar icon will often says I am connected when I am not, and in Settings it will say connected when in fact I have no access to the internet. Now, if I am having difficulty with accessing a site, if the icon in the taskbar says I have internet access I will ignore it and go through the 'diagnose and restore' procedure, resetting the Wi-Fi adapter anyway. Often this works,after a number of repeated attempts, though sometimes it reports that 'the problem cannot be found'. In which case I often restart the computer, with some success. If it happens frequently, and it goes through phases when it is annoyingly frequent, that is when I contact my ISP engineers, again. I am hoping it will be resolved eventually. I have not had it happen since the November update, touch wood. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users