Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iphone won't backup on windows 10/won't be recognised by windows 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thepokey

thepokey

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:13 AM

Hey guys,

Sort of a double problem here which I'm stuck on. I've upgraded to windows 10 just recently and thought i should install itunes and get my phone all synced in. Itunes downloaded no problems, latest version and works fine. When I plug my iphone (iphone 6, latest update) in to my PC it registers and itunes picks it up, however there are then a couple of problems.

Firstly, itunes won't back the phone up. It says there is not enough space on my PC and recommends I delete recycle bin to free up space .. problem is, I have 253gb of free space on the drive it is linked to, so I'm not sure why it won't do that? I tried moving the drive that it is linked to to my storage drive which has almost 2TB of free space and it says the same thing. Deleted itunes, reinstalled .. same thing.

That's sort of the first problem. The second is that, in the past when I connect, the phone appears under the 'Drivers and devices' area where normal storage devices and USBs and such are found. Now it doesn't appear there at all .. which is annoying because I have some photos/videos on my phone I really want to get across to my PC of a concert I went to last night which I don't want to lose. Dropbox transferred the photos but not the video. I guess maybe the two issues are linked? I keep getting a "trust this computer?" message on my phone whenever I connect it and I click trust .. usually this only ever comes up once but it happens every time.

So I'm not really sure what I can do here with these issues? When I go in to 'Devices and printers' and see the iphone listed, it has the yellow exclamation mark and when I trouble shoot it says a driver is missing but then says it can't be downloaded. Not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Very frustrating! Has anyone else come across this or knows a fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thepokey

thepokey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:53 AM

Just as an add on to this .. I decided to set up the cloud and increase its space to 50gb to see if I could back up all my stuff there. Weirdly it will only back up photos/videos taken today and nothing from anything previous to that. Also, when I go into itunes, switch the backup device to the cloud and then tell it to backup, it also gives me the same error that my PC doesn't have enough storage .. which is weird because now I'm not even trying to backup to my PC.

So something is definitely wrong

#3 thepokey

thepokey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

So more info .. I have a feeling the problem might lie here:

5BaKGD9.jpg

YFn95Zj.jpg

2F7nSOO.jpg

I don't know what this MTP USB is, but it appears that the iphone/itunes needs it to be able to have the PC recognise the device?

So I looked at where I could download it and tried https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/confirmation.aspx?id=19153 and https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/mtp-driver-windows-10.337070/

Downloaded both and installed and nothing seems to have changed and it isn't on my computer.

Does this sound like it might be the problem? If so .. how do I get this MTP thing and get it to work?

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

Have you tried all the steps from the following Apple support document (except #6 since it does not apply and maybe not #5 if you don't have another computer to try)?

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203271

If that does not help, you might see if this helps:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7154104

#5 Cotna roe

Cotna roe

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

How can this happen? My devices are iPhone 5s, PC with Windows 10, iTunes with 12.3.1 and everything is ok though it has a pop-up window which says "iTunes has detected  a problem with your  audio configuration" each time I run iTunes. Double click again and it can be loaded successfully. If you don't solve your problem, you may use a free tool to transfer iPhone photos to PC without iTunes. And you can also use it to backup other data to PC. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users