Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, haven't seen it with a quick search though.
I installed windows 10 about a week back and although its been having a lot of freezes, its otherwise run pretty smoothly, except for today. I haven't had this issue before today but now whenever I go to open a photo using the normal windows photo app i get an error saying "the remote procedure call failed" and it won't open.
I looked online for this and saw only a couple of people asked with some standard microsoft responses.. they noted these fixes:
I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
Follow the below steps:
1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
2. Select Troubleshooting.
3. Select View all on the top left corner.
4. Click on Windows Store Apps.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
If the issue persists then follow the below method.
I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps.
1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
3. Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows Store.
I tried both of these. The first one didn't work as they found no problems to troubleshoot. The second one I couldn't do as the WindowsPowerShell wouldn't launch due to an error of its own. Couldn't find any other fixes.
Anyone come across this or know a way to fix? I've tried the standard restarting and all that etc .. so annoying!