Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying new PC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aarchis

Aarchis

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:34 PM

Hi everyone. First off, i have very little understanding about computers. All i want right now is a gaming pc to run all the latest games on best quality possible with at least 30 fps.
So pc i have choosen from my local internet shop is:
Aerocool Cyclops Advance, USB3.0, RedChieftec 700W, Smart Series, 12cm fan, 80+Asrock Z170 Pro4SIntel Core i7-6700 (3.4GHz, 8MB Cache, LGA1151)Cooler Master HYPER T4, CPU CoolerCrucial 16GB, DDR4, 2133MHz, CL15, Kit of 2MSI GeForce GTX 970, 4GB, GDDR5, Tiger EditionKingston SSDNow V300, 240GB, 7mmSeagate 2TB, 7200rpm, 64MB, Sata III, Barracuda
But i also have an option of I7-6700K for processor. The question is, what difference would it make? And is 50eur price difference worth it? Also this setup price is 1400 eur, is this adequate? Any suggestions for any part of hardware would also be appreaciated!

Edited by hamluis, 20 November 2015 - 06:41 PM.
Moved from Computer Gaming to Building/Upgrading - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:50 AM

If you plan on overclocking get the i7-6700k. A Core i5-6500 should be able to play all of today's games if you want to save some cash.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Aarchis

Aarchis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

What difference would it be on average for games fps wise with i5-6500? I looked up and price difference seems to be ~120 eur. Could i still run my games on highest settings?

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

You shouldn't see much of a difference. Both cpus are above adequate for triple a titles. Games these days are more gpu based.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:44 PM

They should give you similar framerates as in today's games are mostly gpu based.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 Aarchis

Aarchis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

They should give you similar framerates as in today's games are mostly gpu based.

Thank you. I will consider i5 option in that case. Still have some time to do the research, as i will be ordering it shortly before Christmas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users