Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I keep a spying IT ex from getting information?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 extremebeat89

extremebeat89

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

I have a problem...short story is:

My wife's ex is an IT guy who has no qualms about breaking information laws. He seems to think that, because he can, it's ok. He has hacked her phone, Facebook account, her computer and spied on her through the router among many other things. The problem is that now the kids have iPads and laptops that travel back and forth with them between our house and his. There are times when he is around our house to wait for the kids, etc. I have also seen his car parked across the street when I came home from work early on several occasions. Our network is protected, but I know he has decription software at his disposal. I am afraid if he gets the wifi password, he will get into our network and be able to get info.

I know he can see all the saved passwords for the networks on his son's laptop. Is there any way to hide those so no one can see? can you get to them on apple products like you can on a pc?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

First thing to do - change all your passwords, and use strong ones for your new ones and be willing to change them fairly often.

Secondly -

who has no qualms about breaking information laws

Report him to your local law enforcement. They will probably not get too excited about computer misuse offences - local law tends not to understand this - but they will usually take harassment seriously. If you have a reasonable amount of proof that he has broken the computer law in your jurisdiction and the local police do not understand this, kick it upstairs to the office of whatever your local public prosecutor is called.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users