I'm at my wits end and I'm about to throw out a perfectly good computer over this problem. For the last few weeks, my computer has been freezing while playing video games. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I mostly play World of Warcraft and the Sims. At first I thought it was an issue with WoW until I deiced to play the Sims earlier this week and had my system freeze. I'm wondering if it's a problem with my internet, since I'd been having issues with that for a few months now.
Basically what happens is I open the game, log in, select what character I want to log onto, get past the load screen and anywhere within a few seconds to about 40 mins my computer will completely lock up. Sometimes I can get it to unlock by opening task manager and force the game to close, sometimes I have to hold the start button to force a reboot to get back into my system. I've updated Windows to v.1511. I've updated my graphics card, my motherboard, and anti-virus. I've opened my comp up and completely cleaned the inside and have been running with the side of the case open. I would say that my system is getting hot but I've logged onto WoW as soon as my computer would let me and it's locked up, so I think that rules that out.
I've attached the two files that are usually asked for, I also attached two screen shots of a random popup I keep getting, It's been showing up since I upgraded to Windows 10. I've been ignoring it but it could be the issue?
· OS - Windows 10
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 - x64
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Oringially it would be a OEM Windows 7, but now I guess it would be the full retail of Windows 10.
· Age of system (hardware) - I bought it in Feb of 2012
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Windows 10 is a few months old and recently updated.
· CPU -
· Video Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
· MotherBoard - I can't remember the full name, but its a Fatal1y Motherboard
· Power Supply - brand & wattage
· System Manufacturer - IBuyPower
· Exact model number
· Laptop or Desktop? - Desktop
Edit: I just tried to log into WoW again, and it crashed, this time it actually gave me an error, I've added a screenshot at the bottom, just in case anyone wants to look at it.
Edited by Cynfire, 20 November 2015 - 06:18 PM.