Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sviat

Sviat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

Hello, everyone.

I want to ask for an opinion about the GPU issue.

I use pretty old AMD HD5450 1GB 64 bit GDDR3. After a clean install of Windows 7, the video card doesn't seem to be working correctly on the initial boot.

So, this is what I mean:

1. The video card is installed correctly in the PCI-e slot.
  2. Win7 installation.
  3. Video driver installation (the one that comes in the bundle).
  4. Turn off the computer completely.

Then, the next stupid thing happens:

1. I turn on the computer.
  2. launch Firefox, open any website with the video content, and any video will stutter when playing.
  3. I launch Chrome - and have no issues with video playback. You may start to think that this is the browser...but
  4. But, when I launch a game, it glitches a lot (GTR 2 or Counter Strike).

I would instantly tell that the video card is bad.

But here is how the issue is resolved: I simply restart my computer and all glitches are gone.

Then, when I restart the same session again, glitches are back.

When I restart the session after the previous restart....glitches are gone... then they are back again after the next restart.

This may sound really stupid, but maybe I didn't set it up correctly in the BIOS or anything like that? 
I have installed different AMD drivers, the issue is still there.

So, any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:48 AM

What made you decide to reinstall Windows?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Sviat

Sviat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for the response. Actually, it was a new build, so I had to make a clean install. Win 7 was installed only once.

I will use Speccy when I get home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users