I want to ask for an opinion about the GPU issue.
I use pretty old AMD HD5450 1GB 64 bit GDDR3. After a clean install of Windows 7, the video card doesn't seem to be working correctly on the initial boot.
So, this is what I mean:
- The video card is installed correctly in the PCI-e slot.
- Win7 installation.
- Video driver installation (the one that comes in the bundle).
- Turn off the computer completely.
Then, the next stupid thing happens:
- I turn on the computer.
- launch Firefox, open any website with the video content, and any video will stutter when playing.
- I launch Chrome - and have no issues with video playback. You may start to think that this is the browser...but
- But, when I launch a game, it glitches a lot (GTR 2 or Counter Strike).
I would instantly tell that the video card is bad.
But here is how the issue is resolved: I simply restart my computer and all glitches are gone.
Then, when I restart the same session again, glitches are back.
When I restart the session after the previous restart....glitches are gone... then they are back again after the next restart.
This may sound really stupid, but maybe I didn't set it up correctly in the BIOS or anything like that?
I have installed different AMD drivers, the issue is still there.
So, any suggestions?