Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Home screen problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NewMember_786

NewMember_786

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:27 AM

Hi, I have had Windows 10 installed for a long time (60+ days) and I never noticed this problem but my icons can not be moved to the bottom row closest to the task bar, I noticed this when I did auto arrange icons, then disabled it because I wanted to re do my desktop, then my icons could not be moved to the bottom row, anyone have a fix for this? My icons were on the bottom row in Windows 8.1 and worked fine but after moving them out of that spot I can't move them back

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:15 AM

Have you made any changes to your icon and/or icon text and/or icon spacing?  When you right click on the desktop, and the context menu pops up and you look under "View" is the "align to grid" feature turned on?  I have seen instances where "align to grid" (when activated after it has not been in use) does not take effect until you move icons.   If that feature is enabled, try disabling it first and seeing if you can get your icons down lower on the screen.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

Also see the thread entitled Icons near the bottom in this forum that was posted after yours.  I've now got one bit of info here but a lot more info there and have referred each poster to the other thread.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:53 PM

Worth a look

https://windowsforum.com/threads/i-cant-place-the-icons-on-the-bottom-row-of-the-desktop.212278/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users