Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel RST Service Not Running

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 daman4

daman4

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:45 PM

I just did a windows 10 update.  Upon doing that and restarting the computer I noticed an icon in my task bar that sad "Intel RST service not running".  I am unsure on what/ how to fix this. 

The laptop I anm currently using is an Acer Aspire 7741Z-5731. 

Any help on how to get the Intel RST service running again would be helpful.  Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

Go to the Intel website and download the latest RST driver.  The version of this download is 14.6.0.1029.

This is a zip file, so you will need a program like Winrar to extract the file contents.  You will need the version which matches your copy of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit).

Right click the appropriate file based on the version of Win10 OS you are running and click on Properties.

Navigate to the Compatibility Tab, then to Compatibility Mode then to Run This Program in Compatibility Mode  Select Windows 8/8.1

Finish the installation, then Restart the computer.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png and then type services.msc in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with services.msc below it, right click on this and select Run as administrator.

When Services opens scroll down to Intel Rapid Storage Technology, right click on it and select Properties.

Under Startup type: change the startup type from Automatic (Delayed) to Automatic so it loads on Startup.

Restart the computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 daman4

daman4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

I extracted the files and I have the following that show up, and I am unsure which one to click on

iaAHCIC Security Catalog

iaHCIC Setup Information

iaStorA.sys System File

iaStorAC Security Log

iaStorAC Setup Information

iaStorF.sys System File

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users