Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Parallel output to a new printer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jared944

jared944

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:04 PM

Hello everyone,

I have 2 pieces of medical equipment that are used fairly consistently in my office. They dont have access to the office network, both output to parallel for printing and each uses its own ~vintage~ printer. I would like to consolidate both printers into one color laser unit. Im not even sure if they even sell parallel printers anymore.

Does anyone know of any modern color laser printers that have a parallel input? Is there any type of conversion cable on the market I can use?

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jared

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

I'm sure there are some parallel to serial(USB) boxes for your needs.  BlackBox makes  some and KVM has a number too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users