Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sick of this ESENT 399 Error + 2 odd BSOD.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lucius31

Lucius31

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:33 PM

Hi

I have been getting the same error quite often, a few times a day.

ESENT 399 Database Page Cache.

wuaueng.dll (1756) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database page read from the file "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb" at offset 98304 (0x0000000000018000) (database page 2 (0x2)) for 32768 (0x00008000) bytes failed verification. Bit 221149 was corrupted and has been corrected.  This problem is likely due to faulty hardware and may continue. Transient failures such as these can be a precursor to a catastrophic failure in the storage subsystem containing this file.  Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

BSOD 1

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xfffffa801005c028, 0x00000000be200000, 0x000000000005110a). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 100415-10576-01.

BSOD 2

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041790, 0xfffffa80095993a0, 0x000000000000ffff, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: .

I have done the following...

- Updated ALL my drivers.

- Installed windows updates etc.

- Ran sfc /scannow and it says no errors. However on occasion it says violations found which couldn't be fixed, then I run it again not even 5 minutes later and it says there is an issue.

- Ran loads of virus scans, eset, malwarbytes, avg and combofix - no malware/viruses found.

- Removed all my RAM and replaced with fresh out of the box RAM that I had from another pc which I never ended up using. Still get the error.

- Ran checkdsk and it found no errors

- I ran verify.exe from windows. I did get BSOD with a driver violation STOP CODE c4. I found out it was my mouse driver - so I uninstalled that mouse driver - reran verify.exe and had no BSOD any longer.

- Ran prime95 for 24 hours straight - checked temp logs and temperatures were fine and all cores reported NO ERRORS.

- Bios is up to date as far as I know.

I really would like help to fix this issue or at least find out what is wrong with my pc and why I get these errors. As stated I got 2 BSOD, and sometimes I get stuttering in games - like random lag. When this happens I usually check eventviewer and I find that one of those transient errors have been reported.

I would also like to add that I am on Windows 7, however I am eligible for a Windows 10 update and if that can fix my errors I am more than happy to upgrade. I just don't want to do anything drastic as I am about to buy a new video card and I want to ensure my pc is actually working properly before installing any new OS and hardware. I also plan to do some gaming with the new video card and since I am part of a modding community I don't want to modify a game heavily only to lose all the work I have done - even if it is backed up - it is still a pain.

This has become rather urgent for me and I have tried getting help for this now for the last 6-8 weeks and on whatever forum I go to, no one can solve it.

If it is resolved, I will reward the person with a donation for extra incentive.

Thank you.

Tony.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:52 PM

I don't take donations.  If you're happy with what I do, please pay it forward to someone else (by helping them without any thought of a reward).

Let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ?

Windows 7 SP1

· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?

64 bit.

· What was original installed OS on system?

No I had a virus in 2013 and I decided to re-install the entire windows operating system again cleanly.

· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?

Purchased the CD and installed myself.

· Age of system (hardware)
System purchased November 2011

· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?
2013 Installation

· CPU

I7 2600k @ 4.8 ghz

· Video Card

Gtx580

· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)

Gigabyte Z86X-UD7-B3

· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)
Corsair 1200w

· System Manufacturer

Built system myself, mostly Gigabyte hardware, with Corsair water cooling system and PSU.

· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)
n/a

· Laptop or Desktop?

Desktop

Edited by Lucius31, 21 November 2015 - 08:47 PM.

#4 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:49 PM

Driver Verifier was already run, it found an issue with my Mouse drivers.

mo3fltr.sys was the culprit, which is my World of Warcraft mouse. It also mentioned 2 other files, of which were all mouse drivers. The driver verifier.exe program said that there was a driver intentionally trying to cause harm to the system and was caught. So I am guessing it meant malicious software.

It repeatedly BSOD because of that file and I uninstalled that driver. I then ran my antivirus scanner on the files left over and it found a virus. I then proceeded to completely delete and "shred" the files left over with AVG antivirus scanner.

I also do not have any available CD's to burn and neither do I have a USB. I am completely broke at the moment and I just can't afford to go out and get myself these things. I have tested my RAM - I took all the ram sticks out and replaced them with BRAND NEW ram I had, right out of the box. They were from a different pc I was about to build but then I decided it was going to be too expensive and kept the ram and other components as backup hardware.

I have two SSD's in a raid 0 format. I have run chkdsk and sfc /scannow multiple times and sometimes they pick up errors other times they don't.

Unfortunately, in the last 24 hours or so, I have been testing my system's overclock (entire system is water cooled, including the GPU). So I have some BSOD they are due to overclocking :

Example from OC guide:

0x124 = add/remove vcore or QPI/VTT voltage (usually Vcore, once it was QPI/VTT)
0x101 = add more vcore

These can be completely ignored, but I am still worried about the ESENT 399 error saying that I might have a catastrophic error. These errors happened before I messed with my overclock.

However my system has been overclocked for 4 years at 4.6 ghz, and it is very very very stable. It ran prime95 for 24 hours just a week ago and I also can OCCT and other benchmarks and the system passed quite well oddly. To be honest, she has been a solid system and games rarely crash. Other than some delay while typing and some weird intermittent lag and two BSOD in the last month - everything has been fine. After I uninstalled the viruses, the system has been running well. I haven't seen any 399 errors and had no BSOD (other than the expected ones from overclocking).

The machine is now running at 4.8ghz, and passed PRIME95 and OCCT preliminary tests, but I clocked it back to the old 4.6ghz for the time being.

Edited by Lucius31, 21 November 2015 - 09:05 PM.

#5 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:59 PM

Here is the sysnative file.

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.33MB   2 downloads

Edited by Lucius31, 22 November 2015 - 06:51 PM.

#6 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

This is my most recent chkdsk...

Command : chkdsk /r

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date:          22/11/2015 1:25:06 PM
Event ID:      1001
Task Category: None
Level:         Information
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Antonio-PC
Description:

Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.                         

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
  909312 file records processed.                                         

File verification completed.
  2101 large file records processed.                                   

0 bad file records processed.                                     

2 EA records processed.                                           

43 reparse records processed.                                      

CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
  971574 index entries processed.                                        

Index verification completed.
  0 unindexed files scanned.                                        

0 unindexed files recovered.                                      

CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
  909312 file SDs/SIDs processed.                                        

Cleaning up 28 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 28 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 28 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.
  31132 data files processed.                                           

CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
  33942888 USN bytes processed.                                            

Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
  909296 files processed.                                                

File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
  88476219 free clusters processed.                                        

Free space verification is complete.
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

488389631 KB total disk space.
 133261584 KB in 517281 files.
    197464 KB in 31133 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
   1025707 KB in use by the system.
     65536 KB occupied by the log file.
 353904876 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
 122097407 total allocation units on disk.
  88476219 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
00 e0 0d 00 49 5e 08 00 ce 57 0b 00 00 00 00 00  ....I^...W......
dc 7c 00 00 2b 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  .|..+...........
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit" Guid="{206f6dea-d3c5-4d10-bc72-989f03c8b84b}" EventSourceName="Wininit" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-11-22T02:25:06.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>9590485</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Antonio-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>

Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.                         

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
  909312 file records processed.                                         

File verification completed.
  2101 large file records processed.                                   

0 bad file records processed.                                     

2 EA records processed.                                           

43 reparse records processed.                                      

CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
  971574 index entries processed.                                        

Index verification completed.
  0 unindexed files scanned.                                        

0 unindexed files recovered.                                      

CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
  909312 file SDs/SIDs processed.                                        

Cleaning up 28 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 28 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 28 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.
  31132 data files processed.                                           

CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
  33942888 USN bytes processed.                                            

Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
  909296 files processed.                                                

File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
  88476219 free clusters processed.                                        

Free space verification is complete.
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

488389631 KB total disk space.
 133261584 KB in 517281 files.
    197464 KB in 31133 indexes.
         0 KB in bad sectors.
   1025707 KB in use by the system.
     65536 KB occupied by the log file.
 353904876 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
 122097407 total allocation units on disk.
  88476219 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
00 e0 0d 00 49 5e 08 00 ce 57 0b 00 00 00 00 00  ....I^...W......
dc 7c 00 00 2b 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  .|..+...........
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

#7 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:43 PM

I have uploaded the files to a third party cloud service. Hope that is okay.

http://www.megafileupload.com/i7en/perfmon.7z

http://www.megafileupload.com/i7eo/Admin.7z

Thanks in advance for your help,

Tony.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:27 AM

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting.  Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.  i5 and i7 processors can be "auto-overclocked" by using Intel's TurboBoost feature.  If so, it's safe to disregard this caution.

Only 257 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 300 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Several recent BSOD's listed in the WER section of MSINFO32 - but none were uploaded with the reports (and the KernelDumpList.txt report shows none on your system)

The Admin event log shows that the memory dumps were saved to your system.

Have you used a disk cleaner (such as CCleaner)?  If so, that's likely to have deleted the memory dumps.

Both memory dumps were STOP 0xC4 (verifier enabled) - one was a full memory dump and the other was a minidump.

Please check for memory dumps after the next time that the system crashes.  Zip them up and upload them with your next post.  If unable to zip them, copy them to your desktop and zip them there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

Hi,

All updates have been installed, I have checked and double checked - so not sure what is going on here. Every time I run a scan for updates, it says everything is up to date and that all I have available is Windows 10 free upgrade.

Secondly there are no dumps available and I did not delete them. When the pc would hang, I initially did not have minidumps enabled. I then enabled them but sometimes they didn't produce a dump even though it said it was.

I have done a search and found nothing. I do use ccleaner, but I do not have delete dumps enabled. I just use it to clean out my browser.

Also I noticed every time I reboot I get the following errors. I did some googling and apparently this is caused by certain services that are started which are no longer used or connected to a user or application. That doesn't make much sense to me and I want these errors gone, even if they are just warnings.

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.  

Event 1530

DETAIL -
 2 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000:
Process 2228 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\Common\avgsvca.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\http\UserChoice
Process 2228 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\Common\avgsvca.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\http\UserChoice

Event 1530

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.  

DETAIL -
 21 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000:
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\CA
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_1532&PID_010D\Calibration\1
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_1689&PID_FD00\Calibration\0
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04\Calibration\0
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Disallowed
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_1532&PID_010D\Calibration\2
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Root
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\SmartCardRoot
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_1532&PID_010D\Calibration\3
Process 2172 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\Common\avgsvca.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\http\UserChoice
Process 2172 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\Common\avgsvca.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\http\UserChoice
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\trust
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_1532&PID_010D\Calibration\0
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_1038&PID_0777\Calibration\0
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\My
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\TrustedPeople
Process 4032 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2993283589-2562158505-2121891784-1000\Software\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates

Event 1003

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x50E54942B492.  The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Finally I have set the system to it's default clock settings. I haven't had any BSOD, crashes or lag in games since I deleted the virus located in my mouse drivers - but I would like to make sure that these last event viewer errors are gone.

Any help would be great,

Thanks.

Edited by Lucius31, 24 November 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:13 AM

Don't worry about the number of updates - worry about the success or failure of the process.

If it says it completed successfully, then that's all we really care about.

The information you included about the dumps is helpful.

There are many reasons for a dump not being captured, but we'll have to see what's going on

I don't troubleshoot these issues in depth as they are much too complicated.

On the plus side tho', in most cases we do end up capturing the memory dumps after working on the system.

As you're using SSD's in RAID 0 - do you have a pagefile?  If not, that may be why the dumps aren't being captured.

There are ways around this - but involves diving into the registry to change settings.

The 2 errors mention AVG and Steam.  So the most likely solution is to uninstall those programs.  Once you've determined if the errors are gone, then feel free to reinstall those programs.

Be sure to use another antivirus and the Windows Firewall for protection after uninstalling AVG

I can't recall if you've done these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

The first error that you posted suggests that there could be a hardware problem - so the diagnostics should be done.

As for errors in general - don't focus on them.

Rather, focus on the system and how it's behaving.

If it's having problems, then we use the error reports to help us locate the problem.

You'll find that even a freshly installed copy of Windows will have some errors in the error logs.  You will never get to a point where there are no (0) errors - the OS is just too complicated for that.

#11 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:43 AM

Yes I have a pagefile, which is controlled automatically by the system. I double checked the windows error dumps and it's still on - so again not sure why I don't get a report.

The system has been running fine, no errors crashes or BSOD. Everything suddenly started working well after installing the mouse drivers which were supposedly virus infected.

However, I am getting this error every hour : Usually I get a small pause with what I am doing, like a glimp of lag. When I get this, I go to eventviewer and this is the error that has just popped up.

All the games I am playing are connected online and this is why I am probably experiencing this intermittent pause.

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x50E54942B492.  The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

I mean I could ignore this issue as you stated, but I think it's the cause of the issue that has remained. The only reason I am focusing on the eventviewer is basically because I started getting random BSOD, but they haven't happened for nearly 2 weeks now - but I got worried about my system because I am about to go into some modding stuff with Fallout 4 and I need the system to be running fine. I am also a games tester for a reputable soccer simulator and if my system isn't running perfect, I could get score divergence bugs (long story).

I need STEAM for all my games and if I uninstall STEAM it also uninstalls all the games I have installed and this would pose a problem for me. It would take days to re-install gigs worth of data. That is why I am very hesitant to uninstall the program or even upgrade to windows 10.

I only just installed AVG after getting rid of AVAST. The issues with both and the registry leak error only happens when I shut down the system. The programs run perfectly fine when the system is running. Why does this error happen only on shut down? What does the error mean?

I will use that diagnostic program you linked me and get back to you.

Thanks again for all your help, the world needs more people like you!

Cheers,

Tony

#12 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:49 AM

Update :

I already ran prime95 twice in the last 2 weeks. I actually ran it on my last overclock for 24 hours straight and the system gets to about 65-70 degrees at 5.0ghz. It passed all the core tests with flying colours. At default clocks  it barely gets to 45 degrees as my system is water cooled.

Also today I got a new video card, so I won't have to worry about the video card being a problem.

The RAM has been isolated as not an issue as I replaced the RAM (all 16gb) with another 16gb of ram. The only difference is that one ram has 1600hz and the other like 1300. I tried both and still had the issue so I went back to my old ram again.

I reset my modem to see if it got rid of this error :

I really think the pc hardware is fine, and this is the only issue left, aside from the registry leak errors ONLY on SHUTDOWN.

I can't do any bootable tests as I don't have any USB or CD's and they just cost a little too much here. Unfortunately the only free funds I have are stuck in paypal, and the rest of my cash just went into a GTX980.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Lucius31, 26 November 2015 - 03:50 AM.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:48 AM

An overclock stresses the system in different ways - and we're not certain that Prime95 tests all of the components that are stressed, nor are we certain that all of the components react the same way to the tests when they are overclocked.

You must test the system while it's not overclocked.  Once it's stable without an overclock, then you can proceed with overclocking.

If you're having DHCP and DNS type errors (and it relates to the times that you're playing), then I'd strongly suggest that you post over in the Networking forums.  They're the experts on these types of connections and in troubleshooting them.

The way to fix the 2 registry errors is to uninstall the programs and then reinstall them.

If that doesn't fix them, then it's likely that there's a glitch in either the programs or in Windows.

In general, if an error only occurs on shutdown, it's because the program doesn't close correctly during shutdown.  In most cases (IME) this is due to a corrupted program (but there are possibilities that other things are interfering with them, which then causes the errors).

If you don't want to uninstall Steam, then I'd suggest that you post over in the Steam forums for assistance there.

You can run DISM/SFC.EXE to check WIndows:

Then please run the following DISM commands to see if there's any problems with the system (from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt).  Press Enter after each one:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

FYI - I have repaired systems using the last command even though problems weren't found with the first 2 - so I suggest running them all.

From this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx

You can also run sfc.exe /scannow from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to check for further corruption.

But, if SFC.exe finds errors it can't fix (or DISM for that matter) - I'll be of no help as I don't specialize in those either.
There are experts in the Windows forums - but they are very busy and may not have time to respond to your posts.
I'd suggest that, if you do post about errors, that you place the words "CBS Log" in the title of your post.

You state that you are getting an error every hour, but I'm afraid I don't know which one that is (I may have missed an earlier reference).
Could you cite the error again please?

#14 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:48 AM

I ran sfc /scannow - No errors.

I ran DISM and it stated the following for "scanhealth"

=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.18741
2015-11-27 00:43

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f)    CBS MUM Corrupt    0x00000000    servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.mum        Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~neutral~~11.2.9412.0.mum does not match the actual file name
(f)    CBS MUM Corrupt    0x00000000    servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.mum        Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~neutral~~11.2.9412.0.mum does not match the actual file name

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 78
 Found 2 errors
  CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 2

Unavailable repair files:
    servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.mum
    servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.mum
    servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Hyphenation-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.cat
    servicing\packages\Microsoft-Windows-IE-Spelling-Parent-Package-English~31bf3856ad364e35~~~11.2.9412.0.cat

Customer Experience report successfully uploaded.  Thank you for participating.  For more information, see the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program on the Microsoft web site.

When I run the next two commands I get errors.

It says

Error : 87

The restorehealth/checkhealth option is not recognized in this context.

#15 Lucius31

Lucius31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:57 AM

I checked the CheckSUR.persist log file and this issue only started 10 days ago.

It had the history of DISM runs for the last few months and all had no errors, but this had.

Could this be the reason why I don't have all the updates, even though my system says I do?

How do I go about fixing the two corrupt files?

Also the error I am getting every hour is ;

Also the other error about the registry leak, which happens on reboot is no longer reporting STEAM but only AVG as a leak. Apparently it just means the program didn't shut down properly and isn't a big deal (according to Microsoft) and do not cause system problems.

Edited by Lucius31, 26 November 2015 - 09:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users