Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

router drops out following someone getting my email pasword

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 reggiereg

reggiereg

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

There is something intermittently wrong with my router, which keeps dropping out the internet connection.

This happened just after google had sent me an email,telling me that"someone has just used your email and been blocked by google".

THe router dropes out on my smartphone too.

This worries me greatly, because that massive password was within my very secure password safe, stored in the cloud.

I quickly changed the master password and lots of passwords within it too.

How could someone get such a long string of complex letters/numbers/ etc?

Can i tell if my safe has been compromised I use keypass2?

Could i have a keylogger?

WHat should i  do?

I ran malwarebytes avast and kaspersky, who all found nothing

Kind Regards reggie4

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

Hi

I suggest the following first:

1) Disconnect your router from the internet, by taking out the cables going into it. Leave in the power cable.

2) Using the end of a paper clip, put it into the small hole in the router, and hold it in for at least 10 seconds. - This should reset the router to factory defaults.

3) Remove the paper clip.

4) Login to the router from a clean computer using the default password (often is stated on the router). Do not connect the router to the internet yet!

5) Change that password to something memorable, not easy to guess, and more than 10 characters long.

6) Log out of the router.

Let us know once you have done this.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users