Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC keeps Turning off then restarting straight after

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Argonaught

Argonaught

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:44 PM

Hi Guys,

My PC for about a month has been turning off and then on intermittently.

The cycle goes something like this.

Out of the blue it turns off then within a second it turns on again and reboots fine.

Two days later it does it again and then 3 hours later does it again.

This spirals further and further downwards. Eventually me calling in the Computer guy.

Before I called the PC Guy I:

Replaced Power Cables (external)

Changed power socket.

Took off side cover in case it was over heating.

Uninstalled newly installed programs.

Updated Drivers

Uninstalled Antivirus

but no dice.

First time he comes in: It was Dust as there was a lot in there. So a complete clean out and its working until after a week the issue is back.

We updated to Win 10 at this point.

Second time it was Thermal Paste so that was replaced.

Now the issue is doing it again.

I a very sympathetic for the PC Guy as this could be Anything from a Fan slowing down all the way to CPU issue.

I am new to this forum so if you need anything list it below and I will do my best to explain it and provide relevant information.

it gets really frustrating. 

Regards,

Douglas Chambers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:59 PM

Greetings Douglas & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

(Thanks usasma for the canned speech) -

Even though you're not stating that you have BSOD's, please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Should you have problems with the perfmon report, please disregard it (I don't use it very much anyway).

Should the app lock up for more than 15 minutes while searching for Network information (it does this in my copy of W10), go ahead and kill the app.
Then navigate to the Documents folder and zip up the 18 reports in the SysnativeFileCollectionApp folder - then upload that with your next post.

You can also try this new app (from a friend of mine): http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users