Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy Settings not allowing Windows 8.1 computer going online

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:47 AM

I have an HP All in One Desktop Computer running 8.1 that will not connect to the internet.  I am running the computer wirelessly and it shows that it is connected.  List all of thevarious networks close to me.  After making sure it is connected, I've tried to go online with both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.  Neither will connect.  Says there is a proxy server problem.

I've gone into Internet Settings and turned off the proxy server tab.  I also chose the box that say"Automatically Detect Settings".  I've looked at other computers and this is how they were set up.

Even trying to change the settings, I still am not able to connect to the internet.  I am using a friends computer.

Can anyone help me.  Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:39 AM

Windows Repair (All in one)

Please download and install Windows Repair (All in one).

Notice:  This will take a long time to run, please allow for at least an hour for this to complete.  Stopping this can cause damage to the operating system. 

When you open the Windows Repair (All in one) you will see tabs labeled Steps 1. through 5.  Then Repairs and Settings.  2. through 4. are optional.

Step 1.  Do a Proper Power Reset.  This is impotant and not optional.

tweak1_zps5460eb3e.png

Step 2.  Clean Your System From Infections (Optional).  This option will run Malwarebytes Antimalware if you choose to.

tweak2_zpse9b74c2d.png

Step 3.  Check File System (Optional), this will give you the option to see if you need to run chkdsk or the option to run chkdsk.

tweak3_zps6ebd559a.png

Step 4.  System File Check (sfc /scannow), (Optional).

tweak4_zps314fabc4.png

Step 5.  Registry Backup & System Restore.  This is not optional.
Click on Backup for the Registry, then click on Create for the System Restore.

tweak5_zps1f8cef34.png

Repairs.  Click on Start

tweak6_zps104a9f0c.png

You will see an image similar to the one below, click on Start Repairs  

repairsa_zpsd14077e8.png

When the Repair has finished you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes.

After the computer is restarted you will need to reopen Windows Repair and go to Settings

Settings.  On this page you will see Log Location, in the same section you will find Open Log Folder.  Click on Open Log Folder, this will open the log files, double click on this, then click on _Windows_Repair_Log.  Copy the log and then paste it in your topic.

tweak7_zps277d4e41.png  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users