Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions on Dropbox

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:40 AM

Drop box looks like a good thing to have for storeing large data files.

Does data protection only come on the paid business version or on the free version also?

Thank you.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:43 AM

I would hope that they have the data protection on the free version as well.  This to me would cause a security risk for everyone else, unless they have the free version on a completely different server that has nothing to do with any of their other versions.  How do you break into a network, The Weakest Link...

pa9d6f-4.png

#3 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:04 AM

That is what I was thinking but could not tell for certain from their literature on the web site.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#4 Willabong

Willabong

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:53 AM

As far as I can remember, data protection is standard in Dropbox. The problem with the free version is you get very little free space for storage, so really large files will fill it up in no time flat.

You would be better off getting something like "Mega" which gives you a large amount of free space, and the option to sync with other computers and devices for free. It does everything dropbox does!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users