Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ashish Dewan asking for help regarding installation of dual OS.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ashishdewan

ashishdewan

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:20 AM

I am Ashish Dewan from India, looking towards you for your valuable suggestions regarding installation of dual OS. I am using Windows 8.1, and I want to install Windows 7 also, the reason being Windows 8.1 is not supporting to some software I am using. I know many of you are able to help me in this regard. Please, provide your valuable suggestions quickly to make things easier for me.I have one more query. Could you please let me know the difference between Windows 732 bit and Windows 764 bit?

I am waiting for your response desperately, so please reply soon. 

Yours Sincerely 
Ashish Dewan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Basically there are two ways to achieve what you want and you need a legal copy of Win 7 for both !  The first is to create a separate partition on your hard drive and install Win 7 into that. the other is to set up a virtual machine running in Win 8.1 and install Win 7 into the VM. I have had some success with the free version of VMWare - free to private users - and the advantage of a VM is that you can install more than one OS inside it. This is an obvious advantage if you want to experiment with say Linux as well.

Which way you go is up to you and what software you want to run in Win 7. Games tend not to run well in a VM but my experience with an old CAD program was that that ran very well.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 ashishdewan

ashishdewan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:09 AM

Thanks, Chris Cosgrove,
I follow the instructions by you have provided. I really appreciate your answer because I asked that question, but nobody can be satisfied me. Thanks once again 

Regards
Ashish Dewan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users