Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Folder Icon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:54 AM

Hey guys, I have a 3rd party theme on my Windows 7 computer and I've changed every icon besides the Windows Live Folder's icons.

It's hard to search how to do this because I'm pretty sure it's called the Windows Live Folder and it brings up a lot of other Windows Live stuff. Only thing I've found to do is use something called Restorator but it doesn't work.

But anyway, check out my screenshot I attached and you'll know what I'm talking about. You'll see on the left, I have an empty folder which displays fine then I have a folder with a folder in it then a folder with a file in it.

To the right of that, I have the icon files I'm trying to change those to. Any advice?

Screenshot also here.

Attached Files

Hulk_Tag.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:49 AM

Hi Slim Nelson,

I don't know for sure because I don't have the theme, but what stands out to me is

Because they are private (.ico) I'm guessing they will behave differently.

Just a thought.

Hedge 

Edit:-  Nice theme BTW

Edited by hedgeley, 19 November 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#3 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:23 AM

I appreciate your thought. And yes, I love this theme. I'd recommend it to anyone. Available here.

I actually got the live icons to work using Resource Hacker on the imageres.dll file.

Only issue now is it doesn't fully work with folders inside of folders. Files inside of folders works good though.

Attached Files

Hulk_Tag.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users