Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

YouTube Ad Domains

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grvey

Grvey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:02 PM

Hi

I recently noticed that when I'm on Youtube, NoScript will sometimes be blocking a few sites such as serving-sys.com, adlooxtracking.com and adsafeprotected.com (seemingly causing occasional blank/empty adverts). I've never seen these before but I did disable ad-blocking on YouTube semi-recently.

I was under the impression that Google used their own ad services and I wasn't sure if this was some sort of weird adware so could anyone verify that these are safe?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,067 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:37 PM

Just keep letting noscript block any domains you don't actually need for a page to function. It's pretty scary the domains you realise have pieces on pages, you find that domains of very reputable sites often have strange things on them because of where adverts are coming from, makes one very glad that one has noscript installed. But as long as you keep blocking the scripts from the domains you don't need (and as long as you don't accidentally allow a domain which turns out to be a malicious one)you will be safe. Also note that when you see a domain listed by noscript you can right click on the "tempoarily allow example.com" button to bring up a page from whcih you can look at the web of trust (and other similar site's) ratings for that domain, so you can know more about any given domain before you choose to allow it.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 Grvey

Grvey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

That's how I do things currently, I'm just wondering if this is to be expected i.e. are YouTube ads supposed to come from/be tracked by sources other than Google? As I said, I've never noticed before, probably because I had ads almost completely disabled there.

Edit: I managed to find this helpful list of Google's supported vendors which verifies the sites I posted (via the domain registrants names matching the names on the list).

Edited by Grvey, 19 November 2015 - 05:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users