Hi, I've been having this crashing problem for a while now. I posted this to the Microsoft forums as well, but I only got one response and it seemed like the person didn't read it...
Here's the link for that: Windows 10 and various games = system crashes.
The basic summary is that I have tried everything to get these games to work, but they keep crashing without displaying a blue screen, error message, and no .dmp of any kind.
Since my last forum post on the MS forums, I have installed: Google Chrome, WhoCrashed (the home edition), and I ran the Sysnative program.
I also can't get my system to give me a .dmp of any kind regardless of my settings. I've pictured it on the other forum. I also ran a manual crash from WhoCrashed to show that my system is indeed configured to write .dmp files, as it wrote and reported them when the manual crash was initiated. When I reset my PC, I kept my old dxdiag's and I can give my brother's as well, because he doesn't seem to be experiencing the crash.
Here are my system specs for this forum post, so that whomever helps doesn't have to dig for it:
· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? Windows 10
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
· What was original installed OS on system? I believe it was windows 7, but I can't remember because we replaced the original hard drive a long time ago, and recently installed the SSD
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? With Windows 10, I'm guessing the answer is full retail version even though it's free right now.
· Age of system (hardware) Dell XPS 8300 is the case and base rig, so motherboard and other components like that are from 2010. GTX 970 is only a few months old (at least in my case), PSU was installed at the same time as the video card, RAM was upgraded after 2010. I think that was in 2012.
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Original Windows 10 install was in late August, and the reset was done a couple of days, so yes I have recently reinstalled the OS.
· CPU: Processor Intel® Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
· Video Card: GTX 970
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop): Dell 0Y2MRG Motherboard
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop): Metal Blade 550W PSU; model MBP550-HS
· System Manufacturer: Dell
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom): Dell XPS 8300
· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop