Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IMAP server has closed the connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Artisticool1

Artisticool1

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

Hi Guys

My wife is having trouble with her Vista laptop...

"Header download for the 'Deleted Items' folder did not complete. Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may occur if you have left the connection idle for too long. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'disconnecting', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCDD"

It sends and receives emails, however, they are not showing as sent in the 'Sent' folder. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Graphicool1

Graphicool1

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:49 AM

Apparently the problem above was caused by a mix up at British Telecom (BT). They got my wifes name muddled with another client with a similar name. The other client had changed her 'Secret' log in details, which prevented my wife being able to log in and use her Password. It took a twenty minute phone call to BT to get it sorted. She put in her password and everything now seems ok, no more error messages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users