Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drive " Western Digital" is not accesible !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Abdel01

Abdel01

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:47 AM

Hi Gyus , i have a internal hard drive which i turned to an external hd , but lately the drive become inaccessible and the file system is unrecognized by Windows ( RAW ) . 

i tried with GetDATA but it didn't succed so what do u suggest me to do ? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:19 AM

How big is the hard drive? 

Sometimes linux can read a RAW disk where Windows failed but I am surprised GetData was not able to recover your data. 

Download Parted Magic here and burn the iso file. On Windows 7 and later you can right click the iso and select "Burn Disk Image". Boot the disk. If your computer has SecureBoot enabled it needs to be disabled in BIOS/UEFI. You may need to enable a setting called Legacy Boot or CSM in order for Parted Magic to boot. At the Parted Maqic Desktop Mount the Drive as shown here. Your external would most likely be labled sdb if you only have one internal drive in the computer. After mounting the drive, if it does mount, see if you can access your files. If not then there is another program we can try.

#3 Abdel01

Abdel01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:27 PM

thanks am gonna try this :D 

#4 Abdel01

Abdel01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

and for GETDATA it did recognise my partition but  unfortunately  it was unable to recover the partition !

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

Were you able to mount the drive in Parted Magic?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users