Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacked previously,Am I still Hacked or what(contd to post logs)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 naubahi

naubahi

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:32 AM

I am posting this as follow up to previous post..

Please help as I know I was hacked on windows xp computer. Now I have the windows 8. The security logs earlier said someone was scanning for the account without password. I am not sure how this guest account is enabled in the text files generated. One more thing. My Norton internet addition toolbar has been acting weird. I always enable it, then it gives me prompt to reenable it again and again. While posting this website said that the website is down 11/18/2015 around 12:00 to 12:18 am PST. Also there are lots of strange things going on. It could be from a person in same home too. Please help.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 naubahi

naubahi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:09 AM

Norton Internet security always gets enable prompt on the google chrome. And also in the addition.txt, the guest account is saying limited enabled, Now after posting and in few minutes, when I am on useraccounts, it says that the guest account is off. I am not too sure why my laptop stays on when I get up in morning, I am not too sure whether my laptop didn't turn off.

#3 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:30 PM

Please download and run Malwarebytes:

​Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.3.1025 Final to your desktop.

http://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/v2/mbam/consumer/data/mbam-setup-2.0.3.1025.exe

Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.3.1025.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
        Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
        A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal    capabilities of the program.
    Click Finish.
    On the Settings tab > Detection and Protection subtab, Detection Options, tick the box 'Scan for rootkits'.
    Click on the Scan tab, then click on Scan Now >> . If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
    A Threat Scan will begin.
    With some infections, you may see this message box.
        'Could not load DDA driver'
    Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart.
    Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.
    When the scan is complete, click Apply Actions.
    Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
    After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
    Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
    Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
    Click 'Copy to Clipboard'
    Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users