Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

t.swapx removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 frankiebot

frankiebot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:01 AM

this is a problem that i am trying to fix using a forum posted in bleeping computer.com. when i scanned the computer with hjack this it gave me this entry for 020: AppInit_DLLs: vgghez5stgkc9ll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll. this message is in response to a reqest made by the instructions in the forum. maybe i can get some help getting it off my computer.
thank you
FBot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 04 December 2004 - 04:01 PM

frankiebot, if you're still havin' some difficulties:

Open HijackThis and click Scan-->Save Log-->name it hijackthis 1-->save as: all files-->in: My Documents. Notepad should be visible now.
Choose Edit-->select all-->right-click Copy, then "post new reply" right here. Right click Paste in the message box, and add any comments.
Someone will reply to you after reading your reply to this post. Please be patient, as all persons assisiting are volunteers. DO NOT fix any entries unless you understand what you are doing. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

To see a tutorial with screenshots on using HijackThis you can click on the link below:
How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers, Malware, & Spyware
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users