Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming laptop suggestions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Briank213

Briank213

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this. In another thread I was considering a desktop upgrade but after some suggestions I don't think I can build it on my budget.

So I am considering going the laptop route but I still have a budget of around 500 to 600$. Any more than that and I'll be in the doghouse if you know what I mean.

I want a laptop that is going to run the latest gaming software. I don't need it to play it on ultra high settings. After some research I think my goal is out of reach but who knows. I've been looking at some of the Black Friday ads but I haven't seen too many laptops that are going to be worth investing in for gaming.

If anyone comes across a good deal let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Briank213

Briank213
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:13 PM

Acer 599$

Features
15.6-inch Full HD Widescreen Display (1920 x 1080), NVIDIA GeForce 940M Graphics with 4GB Dedicated DDR3 VRAM
Latest Intel Core i5-5200U 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.70 GHz;
8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM, 1TB 5400 RPM HDD, 720P HD Webcam, HDMI, VGA
Genuine Windows 10 64-bit preinstalled, Bluetooth 4.0, Battery life up to 5 hours
802.11AC WiFi featuring MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, LAN (10/100/1000)

Would this work for Star Wars Battlefront and similar high end pc games?

#3 sAyer

sAyer

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:30 AM

It will run Battlefront and most newer games smoothly on med settings and most of the more intensive titles on low. That's a great deal on that setup if it's new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users