Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playback Devices Constantly Change

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cencil182

cencil182

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:21 AM

Hey there, hoping I get get some help with this! So I'd just formatted my computer to free up space and realized I have this problem. I have a link to a youtube video showing what happens as it's hard to explain.

My playback devices keep constantly changing the second I log into Windows. This is after a fresh format of Windows 7. I tried installing my motherboard's on board sound drivers afterwards assuming that'd fix the issue, and it didn't do anything. I then proceeded to reformat again as I thought the windows 7 installation may have corrupted, still not fixed. Next I tried to install a seperate sound card in my PC and that didn't fix the issue. Then I tried taking out my gtx 480 and putting in my radeon 6950 as it has an HDMI port to see if it would pick up sound, no luck. The playback devices keep swapping like that regardless of what I do. I also tried my friend's version of Windows 7 incase my disk was scratched.

Not sure what to do at this point!  

Edited by cencil182, 17 November 2015 - 09:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DragonSlayerZ28

DragonSlayerZ28

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:18 PM

Try turning the surround sound on your Razor synapse off then make your speakers your default for sounds and for your commincations,  or try making any one the default for both.  i noticed you have two green checks you only need one.  you are trying to make two defaults at present.  this worked for me but who knows, I'm not an expert by any definition of the word.

#3 cencil182

cencil182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:28 PM

Try turning the surround sound on your Razor synapse off then make your speakers your default for sounds and for your commincations,  or try making any one the default for both.  i noticed you have two green checks you only need one.  you are trying to make two defaults at present.  this worked for me but who knows, I'm not an expert by any definition of the word.

Hey thanks for the response, disabling all sound devices or having one default doesn't change them all from repeatedly connecting / disconnecting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users