Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 sportman12

sportman12

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

When you add a google account and save it if you have more then one account Example gmail account apple@ bread@ cake@ and others accounts can you put em alphabetical order  in the box ?

Edited by hamluis, 17 November 2015 - 04:19 PM.
Moved from Win 10 Support to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,995 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:56 PM

It's been a couple of months since I last did this, and the answer is "yes and no" if you're talking about using the Win10 mail app for all of the accounts.

If memory serves, the accounts are listed in the order that you add them to the app, so if you add them in alphabetical order that's the way they'll show up (and it could be that it's the reverse, where the first thing added gets pushed to second, second to third, etc. - but you can test that when you add the second account and then delete and add again to get the order you want).

I don't know if it's changed with the Fall Update, since I reset the machine on which I was experimenting with the Win10 mail app, but prior to the fall update it did not have a unified inbox feature or, if it did, the setup for it was very well hidden.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

britechguy

When you add a google account here get back to me

Attached Files

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,995 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:16 PM

You can't be signed in to more than one Google account at a time if you're using the web browser interface (unless you're signed into each one in a separate browser - and I don't mean browser window).

I've already got three Gmail accounts I've been using for years and was one of the "early adopters," in fact.

Based on what you've posted this is not a Windows 10 question, either, but belongs in the Web Browsing/Email and other Internet Applications forum.

Edited by britechguy, 17 November 2015 - 04:17 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:22 PM

britechguy I mean

When you add a google account  and save the password  and you have more then one account Example gmail account apple@ bread@ cake@ and others accounts can you put em alphabetical order when you click  in the box  ? get back to me please

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,995 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

What it sounds like you are talking about is when you begin typing the gmail userid, can the drop-down list of userids be sorted in alphabetical order.

That would be a function of the specific web browser that you're using and, specifically, of its auto-fill feature.

Google has its own multiple accounts mechanism on its accounts page where you can add an account or remove one and also a mechanism within a Gmail session where you can add additional accounts (click on your account picture/icon in the upper right) and be able to toggle between them, but never see all of them unified at once.

Pictures cannot be posted to this forum, so I don't have screen captures here.

#7 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:47 PM

britechguy web browser that you're using and, specifically, of its auto-fill feature.web browser that you're using and, specifically, of its auto-fill feature.Gmail could I put it in alphabetical order with an save password add on I use firefox ?

britechguy am using firefox could it be put in alphabetical order ?

#8 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

britechguy am using Firefox can it be put in alphabetical order  in the box?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 November 2015 - 06:06 PM.
edited to remove code which made the whole sentence a clickable link

#9 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,995 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:24 PM

The only way I can think of that you might achieve this is to delete the form fill items and then add them back again by logging in to each account in alphabetical order.  See this Firefox support page.

Personally, I don't see the point in this.  The moment you type the first character you will be limited to choices that start with it.   You could also use the "Add Account" link on the bottom of the page to create a main Google login page with all the accounts you use listed in the order in which you choose to add them.

With this I bow out.

#10 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

britechguy

I mean Add Account" link on the bottom of the page to create a main Google login page with all the accounts you use listed in the order in which you choose to add them. I mean by doing it this way could I put em in alphabetical order get back to me please

#11 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Pictures cannot be posted to this forum, so I don't have screen captures here.

You cannot ATTACH a picture or file in this forum, but you CAN insert an image into the body of a post.

You will have to take a screenshot of what you want to post and save it to your computer.

Then it must be uploaded to an image hosting site such as http://imgur.com/, http://photobucket.com/ or whatever hosting site you choose.

After uploading to the site, copy the appropriate link and paste it into your reply.

I use imgur and the link is BBCode (message boards & forums). I don't know what other sites call it but it should look like this

It looks like this

[img=http://name of image link/extension]

Others will be similar.

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:53 PM

sportman12,

In order to do what you want you will have to clear your cache, then sign in to each account separately in ABC order.

Even then it would not work for the next time you sign in.

In Firefox the first one in the list will be last sign in name you used.

For example: You sign in as apple. Sign out, then log in as bread. You then sign out of that one and use cake, read the mail and sign out.

The NEXT time you sign in to Gmail CAKE will be the first one in the list when you might want to go to the APPLE account.

Also, if you clear your cache ALL of the remembered names will be deleted and you will have to set it up again. You can choose what to clear and what to keep in Firefox but I don't know which box you would have to uncheck.

You do have an option.

Download and install an email client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.

For each of your accounts add them the mail client beginning with the first one alphabetically and configure the client to work with Gmail mail servers. Both of the ones I mentioned can automatically configure itself for Gmail.

The list of all your account names will be seen on the left side of the client page in the order you added them to the client. You would then be able to click the account you want to view.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 November 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#13 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,995 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

I am aware that one can post externally hosted pictures but, to be perfectly frank, that's just too much trouble.  It's enough to do screen captures, save them, and attach them.  I don't post photos to other forums besides bleepingcomputer.com when I have to go through such gyrations.

I fail to understand why every forum does not allow the attachment of images.  That makes very little sense as the occasion to need them, whether to show a problem or potential solution, is frequent.

#14 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:02 PM

Queen-Evie using Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.for Gmail is it easier then using it in a browser get back to me please

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 November 2015 - 07:09 PM.
edited to delete code which made the entire post a clickable link

#15 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,995 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

Sportman,

How on earth do you expect other people to know what would be easier *for* *you*?!!

Every time someone proposes something you could try, and see what you think about it, you ask another question while ignoring what's been offered to you before.

Try the suggestions, including trying out an e-mail client like Thunderbird, Windows Essentials Live Mail, or a range of others (do a web search on free e-mail clients) and decide for yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users