Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mixing a live CD software with some other programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elvis Maphoka

Elvis Maphoka

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:34 AM

Well, I got a USB flash drive of 16GB. I'd love to install Hiren's boot CD software on this USB drive. But as you know the Hiren's software is around 700MB there will be so much empty space left on my USB drive, so I wanted to know if it's possible to install some other useful programs on the same drive,and still have the drive work as live CD. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:48 AM

I think the program you would want to look at is Yumi. It will let you install multiple isos of programs. Look under supported distros for programs you can add in addition to Hirens.

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

#3 Elvis Maphoka

Elvis Maphoka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for the quick reply John. I'll absolutely look into the program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users