Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 during games, freezing, crash, and buzzing sound

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pegasus757

Pegasus757

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:02 AM

Hello guys new here. First off I have an extremely horrible, slow computer, so please dont make fun of me saying how bad my pc is, i know its horrible, eventually ill get a new one. Extremely slow. Dell inspiron 660s, core 2 duo at 2.9 ghz, 8GB of ram, and horrible intel hd graphics. I have played a few games since I got windows 10 on it, both run great at mid level graphics, world of warcraft, and euro truck simulator 2. This issue has happend before when I had windows 7, but not in a long time. Since I got windows 10, both playing wow and the truck game, in game, the computer freezes, makes a horrible buzzing sound, and cant be accessed unless i hold the power button, and reset the computer. No blue screen. Right when I restarted the pc i checked the processor temps, 90 degrees C, down to 80 degrees C. It seems the processor isnt overheating but I blew the dust out of the heat sink anyways. I tried starting euro truck simulator 2, and for such a high graphic game, I can run it at decent graphic settings with decent framerates for such a horribly slow computer. I have no dedicated GPU, and a horrible CPU, its not an I7. But 10 minutes in the truck game, the computer freezes again. Looking at the event viewer I am given a generic power kernel, which only means the computer has been unexpectedly shut off. It cant be a bad power supply because when I dont play games, I watch netflix and live tv on the computer for hours at a time, no freeze. This only happens during games. So if the computer was bad wouldnt this happen also during non gaming which is dosent? That rules out bad cpu, so it has to be overheating or drivers. But when i played the trucking game for 5 minutes, and it froze, how in the world can my CPU get so hot to force a restart, after 5 minutes of trucking game? So I think the issue is drivers. Windows 10 dell.com has NO drivers for intel HD graphics, only for nvdia PCI-E cards, and an AMD radeon card. I am using generic intel hd drivers for windows 10 but theyre said to only be for the intel I CPUs, not the intel core 2 duo. I searched my computer OS and hardware and there is no matching intel HD software. Did this non compatible driver cause the crashes? But with these drivers I watch hours of netflix, and leave my computer on during non gaming all day sometimes and it never crashes, only during games. Any help would be appreciated. It has to be drivers, no other reason i stated makes any sense. Should i revert back to windows 8 or 7? Also this happend while playing WOW on a brand new average Hp laptop, 4GB of ram, and AMD quad core CPU. Does my computer suck that bad? Thanks for any insight on this issue, i just am curious what a freeze buzz during gaming is. Also the time during the trucking game where it froze, during the freeze i saw these weird blue lines in the screen. Odd. Thanks guys

Edited by Pegasus757, 17 November 2015 - 07:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:54 AM

90ºC is overheating.  Once you get above 100ºC you have to worry about damage to the CPU - the errors will start before that.

Something during the games causes the system to overheat - but not when you're not gaming.

The other symptoms that you describe also seem to relate to the video.
As such, you'll have to get appropriate video drivers in order to test the system

For starters, let's have a look at these reports:

Let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Pegasus757

Pegasus757
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

Sorry my mistake, 90 F not C, i realized i changed the option. Ill reply with more info. For this OS and hardware its not possible to get matching video drivers without rolling back to windows 8 or 7 though.

Edited by Pegasus757, 17 November 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:18 PM

I'm accustomed to ºF - but most discussion of temps and computers centers around ºC

If there aren't video drivers for the card and for the OS - then you have to wonder if the card is compatible w/W10.

But, at times you can force an install of W8/8.1 drivers by installing them in Compatibility Mode for W8.

Give that a try to see if it helps (right click on the installer, select Properties, then select the Compatibility tab).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users