Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ewido Guard.exe In Hjt Log After Expiration

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:17 PM

I updated to ewido 4.0 and immediately after installation I chose to disable the resident shield and auto update features. Now that I've had it for a few weeks it has reverted to the limited free version. Resident shield is now listed as "Not available in the free version."

Nonetheless, here's a line from the HJT log I just ran on my PC:

O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe

Guard.exe is _not_ listed as a running process in the log, and in the Admin Tools Services utility it does not show as Started (the Status column is blank) even though Startup Type is listed as Automatic. The program file is right where HJT says it is. In the registry, under HKLM/SYSTEM/CURRENTCONTROLSET there's a key for ewido guard and the value of the start subkey is 2.

What I'm wondering is, why isn't this program running?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users