Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lvl 10 difficulty

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bamfburrito

bamfburrito

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:38 AM

my roommate was found exiting my room the day after i reinstalled my computer trying to destroy this persistent virus/malware/etc.

for the first day everyone was peachy, from day 2 on there are awful crashes with anything involving flash, my steam games are being CTD, and i think i might actually be in a private LAN created by the virus and a vpn. Knowing full well that i'm probably talking to him and you at the same time, what can i do to find traces that he (i will assume) used a flash drive to install malicious wares on my deck?

this is a megalithic endeavor that's been following me for years, i think stemming from my parents. i need a secure website from which to download scanning software, and i need a secure website to download a checksum calculator to verify the scanners aren't man-in-the-middled. everything i do these days is mitm'd.

we share a router, i have a wired connection to it.

basically: whenever this happens badly, i spend days looking for the order of operations that allows me to get legitimate scanning software on my infected pc in the first place.

there is a library in my town; if there are small scanners you guys can recommend for my flash drive, that might save me the faux pas of having my ostensibly rootkitted computer connected to the internet.

Edited by bamfburrito, 17 November 2015 - 02:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users