Numerous different possibilities:
- the system wasn't legitimate prior to the W10 upgrade
- malware has infected the system
- system has become corrupted
FYI - we see the "drive is locked" thing quite often.
The most common method to repair that is a full Reset (with the Remove Everything option) - don't forget to backup your stuff!
If that doesn't work, then:
- ensure that the system is permanently activated. Run "slmgr /xpr" (without the quotes) from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt to see if it is.
- then create W10 install media from the Media Creation tool and install a "clean" copy
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.