Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about my manual case fan?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SparkWire

SparkWire

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:47 PM

So I bought a case with a manual built in fan, but I'm realizing now I'd love to just have it set to automatic, or at least know if I can switch it to automatic?
Does anyone know if it's possible, and if so how would I do that? Not sure what model the fan is. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:00 PM

If the fan is connected directly to the PSU (e.g. with a Molex connector like used for hard drives) then the only way to have it selectable would be to have a physical switch somewhere. If it connects to the system mainboard, you could find out whether the fan header it goes to is controllable in the BIOS setup. If it is, in one of the BIOS menus there will be an option called something like Case Fan, or whatever the header is called, and a choice of speed/enable/disable, or sometimes a temperature selection.

Edited by Platypus, 16 November 2015 - 11:01 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users