Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Program called Cody/Codee/codi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff10802

Jeff10802

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

Hey ya'll I was told by my step daughter that there is a program that grabs all the files from movies that people post or link to and puts it in your desktop in a folder. I may be mixed up or have just described it wrong. Can anyone clarify please?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 16 November 2015 - 05:43 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to 'All other applications'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,657 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

Maybe you mean a torrent client? A file-sharing application?

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#3 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:02 PM

It's called KODI, formerly XBMC, that was the acronym for X BoxMediaCenter. It is not a torrent client nor a file sharing program. It is perfectly legal to use. I have it installed on a Win7 laptop connected to my big screen TV.  

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#4 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,657 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:16 PM

Torrent clients and file sharing applications are "perfectly legal to use" also.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#5 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:36 PM

Of course they are legal. It's not the software, There are perfectly good reasons to use it. It's merely the questionable activities users often engage in, in using such software. That has contributed to the bad rep. BTW I have never seen nor read of KODI being associated with questionable activities.     

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users