Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to access Task Manager - Error: Access is denied

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 blue gravity

blue gravity

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

Hello I am unable to access my task manager on Windows 7 as administrator. Whenever I try to access it a Command window flashes on the screen quickly and that's it. Same thing happens when taskmgr.exe is clicked. 

I was able to capture the command window error as the following:

C;\Users\<name>\Documents>REG and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System  /v  DisableTaskMgr  /t  REG_DWORD  /d  /0  /f

ERROR: Access is denied.

Any help with this would be appreciated. I have checked that TaskMgr is enabled in the registry, and have ran AVG, Malwarebytes, TDSS Killer, RKill and Combofix and they didn't come up with anything. 

Thanks again for any help on this one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

Please initiate a new topic, following Steps 6- 8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and also paste in the results from your ComboFix log.  Initiate this new topic in the forum which contains the Prep Guide instructions I have linked to, do not post it here.

After that is done...this topic in AII will be closed.

Louis

MRL topic posted at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596572/unable-to-access-task-manager-error-access-is-denied/ , this topic is now closed.

Edited by hamluis, 16 November 2015 - 07:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users