Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Losing Internet Connection Constantly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JLH0713

JLH0713

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

Good morning.  First off, I do hope I am at the right place to post this and if I am not, I truly apologize.  I am hoping someone can assist me with this problem I am having with my PC.  I am at my wits end with this and I have tried everything I could find on the Internet to resolve this matter to no avail.

We have AT&T DSL and we switched modems from the standard Motorola wirelss router and modem they provided and now have a Netgear DGND3700-100NAS wireless router and modem.

However, ever since that time it has been giving me the following errors:  

ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
DNS_PROBE_STARTED
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG

The Internet will go down (both wired and wireless) for a few seconds and then come back online (with all of our computers).  I hope someone can help end this issue as I have failed miserably in this endeavor.  I called AT&T and according to representative I spoke with, there has been no down time from their end.  Our Internet browser of preference is Google Chrome.

We also recently upgraded our main PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Thank you for any assistance anyone here on these forums can provide in this matter.

May you all have a good day.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 16 November 2015 - 01:53 PM.
Moved from Windows 10 Support to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:00 PM

You should still have a modem on top of having your router unless I am missing something. If both wireless and wired go down I'd be leaning towards a bad router.

#3 JLH0713

JLH0713
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:07 PM

Good morning, chalup.

If I understand your question correctly, this router is an all-in-one.

If not, I apologize for my ignorance.

The outages last anywhere from a few seconds to a minute.

The outages are sporadic and throughout the day.

Thank you for your reply, chalup!

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

JLH0713,

Given your description, this is almost certainly a problem with your modem router.

I, too, am experiencing the same problem here at home, but with Verizon service and an Actiontec GT784WN model modem-router.  I do not think that this has any connection to Windows 10 because the same thing is happening on a Windows 8.1 laptop and at precisely the same time.  While it is conceivably possible that some update that Microsoft applied to both my machines, that's not probable.  I need to check whether my Android devices also lose connectivity when this occurs, too, but haven't yet.

If you have other WiFi connected devices, e.g, a printer, a smartphone, etc., check to see if they drop network connectivity at the same time as the computers do.  When my drops occur it is to the modem-router via wireless, which cuts off internet connectivity because you're not connected to the access point, as opposed to the modem-router showing any signs that it has lost its connection to the internet.   I have had issues with other equipment where my connection to the wireless network managed by the modem router was rock solid, but the ability of the modem-router to maintain its connection to the outside world was inconsistent.  These are two different circumstances.

I may also suggest that this query be moved to the networking forums, as from all information presented thus far it is not likely an OS problem causing this.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#5 JLH0713

JLH0713
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

Thank you, bitechguy.  If a moderator could kindly place this where Brian suggested, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you both for your input in this and it is most appreciated.

Have a good day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users