Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop charging problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Willabong

Willabong

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:53 AM

Can anyone please help as I am not very knowledgeable  about laptops?

I have a HP Pavilion 64 bit laptop with a problem?

My battery reading from the taskbar is 37%  (not charging) with the power cable plugged in.

Where the power lead plugs into the laptop a small blue light indicates full charge, but when the laptop battery is not fully charged the indicator light changes to yellow.

My battery indicator light is always on full charge (blue). I have left the laptop (switched off) plugged in all night, but the battery indicator light stays on blue and the unit doesn't charge?

Question:  Does this indicate a faulty battery which needs replacing? Or is there something else wrong? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:15 AM

To me it indicates that the task bar battery meter is no longer accurate. Regardless of the task bar indicator, does the laptop still last a decent amount of time when not plugged in? If so I would just not worry about this and keep using it.

#3 Willabong

Willabong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

I rarely use it on battery power, but this fault (if it is one?) only occured since upgrading to Windows 10, so it could be a bug?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users