Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"CPU dll init failed(error 2)",says speccy...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RJNB

RJNB

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:48 AM

Hello,

I am not very sure if this is the right place to start this topic but I assume that it is...

I am running Windows XP professional service pack 3, 32 bit and the other details are here in this link...http://speccy.piriform.com/results/rTfxXmuLyPqLgTW6dUWCrVe

I have been running speccy since quite some time now-some 4 or 5 months atleast. Since my laptop had been overheating, I had cleaned it up and since then, I have been getting the error-"CPU dll init failed(error 2)" from speccy...If I click "ok", it displays "Cannot initialise SPC dll" below CPU, motherboard, RAM and graphics in the regular speccy window...

This may sound like something related to hardware at first but no, there is a catch. When the laptop is started, speccy runs fine and does not give any errors for the first 7 minutes...After that time period, it keeps displaying the same error as I have mention above;until i reboot...That is why,I say that it is not a hardware issue(of course, I could be wrong...So correct me if I am...)

I have tried all the common solutions-

1. Rebooting
  2. Disabling my anti-virus(after disconnecting from internet first)
  3. Uninstalling and reinstalling speccy using Revo uninstaller.
  4. Running Tweaking's Windows repair all in one(to repair and rebuild WMI)
  5. Running Tweaking's Windows repair all in one in safe mode

However, I still see the error...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RJ

Edited by RJNB, 16 November 2015 - 03:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users