Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

stopbadware.org removed my apk as malware but it apeared again after few days

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Srihari

Srihari

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:30 AM

My Website TrackingSmartphone.com allows user to remotely track android phones which has our apk installed. Its not a malware as user has to download, register and pull records to monitor and nothing is automated. 

Many times Google Webmaster detected that apk as malware. I thought some darkleech malware is getting downloaded along with the apk and that's causing the apk to be marked as malware by Google.

When i report  the issue as fixed the warning goes off and appears again after few days.

I then got my server completely scanned by sucuri.net and quttera.com and they have found nothing wrong with the server (or its modules).

Then i realized the apk itself was marked as malware and requested stopbadware.org to review it. They checked and removed that apk from the malware database last week. I thought the warning now in Google is gone forever. But was surprised to see the warning again on my Google Webmaster login today morning!

My Question is, why does Google detecting the apk as malware and after requesting for review why its going off. And even after stopbadware.org's manual review and removing it from their db why its appearing again? 

Edited by hamluis, 16 November 2015 - 05:33 AM.
Moved from AII to Gen Security - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users