Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software advice - Photo Studio 2000

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 No Way NZ

No Way NZ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:22 PM

Hi there community. Newbie here seeking help from down-under.

Advise would be very much appreciated, as technology has out passed me.

I had a good system going with research of old magazines and papers using my Canon scanner and ArcSoft Photo Studio 2000 through my old 2003 XP on dial-up, but after 12 years have had to upgrade. Too full of saved data; two slow down loading, and dropping out on poor out-back copper wire, with electrical interference. Etc.

Daughter has bought this oldie, a brand new HP Pavilion 500/400a and a BB package, to which I’ve added Office Home & Business 2016 [as still have a small business, though well into semi-retirement]

Over the weekend I tried to load our Canon Scanner CD-ROM set up, and the new computer would not recognise the disc. Did succeed with a different ScanSoft programme and a Green Street photo programme. But now the computer does not appear to recognise any Disc I place in the draw.

So my main question is, SHOULD this new computer be able to read and install the Setup ROM supplied with the Scanner quite some time ago ? Or is the new 64 bit machinery not able, in this case, to use the installer supplied for the 32 bit era.

Data printed on the CD-ROM disc being:-

CANON  CanoScan N640P ex  Colour Image Scanner.  For Windows Version 1.01 B6MW SZ9-9310

I would dearly like to re-commission the scanner, and to retain the ability to use the included ArcSoft Photo Studio 2000 software programme, as I have a great [for me] system going where I can capture columns of HISTORICAL printed type, and in the programme clean them up, reformat for the bulletin page lengths I want, and over print with source details / credits.

I see on line, that ArcSoft no longer support the Photo Studio 2000 software, and that is possibly also the case with a later version Photo Studio 6, which I’m not familiar with.

Being an oldie I like keeping it simple, and keeping with a product I’m familiar with. Having spent 100’s of hours in private local history research. Family has not moved much in the last 150 years, but boy has the pace of life and technology, compared to the previous 150 years. I struggle to keep up, as the brain is not as agile as in the past.

Regards,

Alan

[PS re the handle someone beat me to what I thought would be an original "Yeah Right" but either way, in the majority of the cases, it's the operator with the problem, MUCH as we would happily blame the computer.]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users