What happens now is that my updated Windows 10 will not boot. Pressing the power button just produces a black screen, except that I have a USB Recovery Drive, a Windows PE (created by AOEMI Backupper just a day before the update, because W 10 would not create its own Recovery Drive) --- when this is inserted the computer boots immediately and runs OK. Neither SFC or DISM report any errors / corruption.
This is the sequence:
1. The night before last as I shut down I got a Blue Screen with the report 'Driver Power State Failure', then after it had scanned, it shut down (for the night)
2. Next morning the computer would not start with the power button, it just hung with a Black Screen
3. Inserting the USB Recovery Drive resulted in the computer starting OK ---- SFC corrected some errors / DISM found none and I used it OK for the day
4. This morning once again the computer would not start and presented the Black Screen. The USB Drive got it going ---- no errors reported by SFC / DISM
5. Of course, until I get it sorted this will (at best) be repeated or I will just keep the computer in Sleep mode (it wakes OK)
From the very little I understand, I have a problem with the BIOS / EFI (UEFI)?
Both the Windows 10 upgrade and update seemed to go fairly well, though I appear to be missing some features.
If more information is needed about my set-up I will try to provide it.