Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not able to Create Wifi Hotspot on Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vinaythewanted

Vinaythewanted

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:38 AM

Hi. I have been trying hard to create a wifi hotspot from my laptop running windows 10 64 bit. But i have found no success till now. My system is http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_client=s-a-r11839-1&h_product=7748035&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_pagetype=s-001 with product no. L2Z89PA#ACJ. Can someone help me out in this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:44 AM

Just so you know you cannot share the wifi nic and then try to use that same WLAN for your laptop to connect out to internet. Hosted wifi basically turns your WLAN into a AP and you connect out with the laptops ethernet lan. You share that wired lan with the WLAN in network settings right-click the nic card and choose share it with WLAN card. When users connect to your WLAN "hotspot" they get routed through your shared LAN card. You use the LAN card as well. You can do this with two WLAN if you bought a wifi dongle. Be sure to get a dongle that supports hosted networking. Usually they are just infrastructure & adhoc which is something different. That is used to connect laptop to laptop Wirelessly. If you get a second WLAN dongle you need to use that one to connect out to internet and use the internal for the hosted WAP. I heard a while back that some wifi cards may do both connecting to internet and do hosted wap at same time. However, I am not sure if that project ever got off the ground and come to fruition. I imagine they would have to be dual WLAN on one card. USB Wireless N dongles are cheap these days. I got a tiny one that looks like the size of a mouse dongle that has full Wireless N capabilities and works flawless. It's quite powerful actually and can see other networks in the area.

Tutorial here on how to create a hosted network in cmd using netsh. http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-WiFi-Hotspot-Using-the-Command-Prompt

P,S. Hosted network is destroyed if the system is rebooted. You can download programs to do this and to make them persistant. Or create a batch file to run all the commands at startup.

#3 Criyl

Criyl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:52 PM

Here is a useful tutorial to create a free WiFi hotspot in Windows 10 laptop, desktop: http://www.drivethelife.com/wifi/create-free-wifi-hotspot-on-windows-10.html. You can have a try! It works for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users