Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All Ubuntu 15.10 Flavors on a Single Live ISO Image is Now a Dream Come True

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dazzzler

Dazzzler

• Banned Spammer
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:28 AM

According to Mr. Željko Popivoda, the Linux AIO team finally managed to update their Linux AIO Ubuntu project to version 15.10, based on Canonical's brand-new Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf) computer operating system, including some of the most popular flavors.
What's Linux AIO Ubuntu? It is a Live ISO image that lets you have all your favorite Ubuntu Linux edition into a single, bootable medium that you can write on a USB flash drive and carry with you anywhere, so you won't have to download multiple ISO images and write each one DVD discs or USB sticks.
What Ubuntu flavors are included in Linux AIO Ubuntu 15.10? Well, for this release, the Linux AIO team included the Ubuntu 15.10, Kubuntu 15.10, Xubuntu 15.10, Lubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu MATE 15.10, and Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 editions, unmodified and ready for use immediately after inserting the USB key on your computer.

Read more : http://news.softpedia.com/news/all-ubuntu-15-10-flavors-on-a-single-live-iso-image-is-now-a-dream-come-true-496175.shtml

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:24 AM

They appear to do this for several distros, including Linux Mint. Could come in handy.

Edited by hollowface, 21 November 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,664 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:54 PM

How do they fit Five distro's on one 4.7GB Disk? do the numbers add up, don't seem like they would?  Why would this be better than say YUMI, although YUMI can't use a DVD.  I understand downloading five distro's is a lot, but is this faster?  I'm guessing so as it is two 7zip files.  Wonder how they all appear for startup choices, like a boot loader of some kind?  I will have to test this out lol.  I've been meaning to make a YUMI USB anyhow, maybe? this will save me some time.  One all Mint and another with all Ubuntu! wohoo!  Then I wont have all these DVD's littering my bedroom :hysterical:

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#4 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

How do they fit Five distro's on one 4.7GB Disk? do the numbers add up, don't seem like they would?

I agree. I would think a dual-layer DVD would be needed since it's supposedly more than 5GB, but they don't actually say how big the downloads are. All they say is:

ISO file that can be burnt on one DVD / DVD DL or USB 4GB+/8GB+ flash drive.
- REF:http://linuxaio.net/

Which isn't specific to the Ubuntu ISO, but more of a general statement for their project.

Edited by hollowface, 21 November 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:06 PM

Exactly! lol

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,922 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:12 PM

How do they fit Five distro's on one 4.7GB Disk?

Ever hear of a Windows universal install disk?

73714d1274206649-windows-7-universal-ins

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#7 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,664 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:18 PM

Wow, no! and those are all quite big compared to Linux.  That's a disk?  H'mm, must be using some kind of compression files.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#8 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:29 PM

Here is some info from that site, and the devs are at the bottom, o those Serbs, they're smart cat's!  You can click on their name to get a Bio, at least on the first guy, Milan Rajcic.

http://linuxaio.net/about-us/

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#9 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,922 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:08 AM

@Pc punk

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/85813-windows-7-universal-installation-disc-create.html

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#10 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,664 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

Thanks Nick that is quite nice!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh