Last Christmas I bought my son a new gaming computer. I've always hooked mine up and his so I did this one to. When I turned it on, it started to smoke from one cable that went from the motherboard to the battery. The connection to the motherboard melted, but it's the only damage. I went out and bought a new motherboard and battery at that time, because it was Christmas and I wanted it ready. But I couldn't bring myself to throw the motherboard away. Now I'm wondering if the piece that is melted could be soldered back on. Is the motherboard completely bad now because it smoked when I turned it on?
Just to clarify it only smoked where the connection was made to the motherboard. It also smoked from the battery connection to, but that connection didn't melt and for all I know the battery is perfectly fine.
Edited by skyfly1715, 15 November 2015 - 12:41 AM.