Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One question begats another: how to create a directory

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 emma_wonders

emma_wonders

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:38 PM

hello,
i'm new,
thanks for letting me join,
i've been trying to clean up my system tray...and i also looked into the startup list from windows...and i've input various names of files on google to attempt to clarify and understand if its sucking the blood out of my computer.

so i've read here that i need to run a hijack this...
but how do i create a directory on my harddrive? this is the first step and i can't even do that! :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:55 PM

:thumbsup: to BleepingComputer emma_wonders.

I think I can tell you how to create a Hijack This folder on your hard drive. I am assuming you are using Windows XP OK? Because of where you chose to post. Open my computer/click local disk/ on an empty place there right click and choose new, then folder and click. Name it Hijack This.

Edited by Pandy, 02 December 2004 - 11:55 PM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 emma_wonders

emma_wonders
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 03 December 2004 - 09:44 AM

Thank you so much Pandy!!! I'll do that whenever I get home..I'm on my work computer now. And yes, its Windows XP on my laptop.
this is really nerdy but i can't wait to do this and get to the bottom of my computer's idiosyncracies, its less than a year old, and i believe i bought more than enough memory etc to complete all my tasks in a speedy multitasking manner, so i've been cussing a lot b/c i didn't know what was holding my computer up! just didn't realize it....
thanks
emma

Edited by emma_wonders, 03 December 2004 - 09:48 AM.

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 03 December 2004 - 12:34 PM

I can tell you an easier way to do it. Right-click anywhere on the desktop (except an icon or taskbar). Select new->folder, and call it anything you want.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 03 December 2004 - 03:43 PM

:thumbsup: Why can't I call a file folder anything I want.

Posted Image

Edited by phawgg, 03 December 2004 - 03:45 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#6 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 03 December 2004 - 04:48 PM

Using the Send To: folder to help you

I got to thinking about the HJT on the desktop. It sorta belongs in a better location. Like anything downloaded to the desktop, it really belongs somewhere else. Default options for moving folders/files off the desktop are limited, though. Thats why HJT ends up in My Documents a lot. Which is OK, I guess, it'll work. It's not a document, though. It's an application, a utility or a program that you don't treat in the same way as a document. So I retrieved the link above bacause it's been so useful for me. Being able to send "anything" "anywhere" from my right-click options. :thumbsup: I'm still pleased as punch that HuckerJ turned me on to that trick. A very good tip, indeed.

Posted Image

Edited by phawgg, 03 December 2004 - 04:58 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users