Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wanscam video client

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gaz132

gaz132

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 10:18 PM

windows 7 

laptop

64bit

HP

got 4 ipcams from wanscam JW00011 outdoor cams

2  wireless

2 hard -wired

Would love to have a seperate NVR to monitor and record but until then I am having to use my laptop

I installed from the cd the Video Client to monitor all 4 cams

After a couple of hours the software program freezes

I have tried only recording on 1 ipcam but the video client software still freezes

also tried changing video program to run as admin windows xp compatability

still no luck...........

WANSCAM VIDEO CLIENT still freezes

I am using my iphone to monitor my house while out.

Can anyone explain why the software is freezing

Thankyou

Edited by gaz132, 15 November 2015 - 12:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:50 AM

Well the perfomance of a laptop is less than a desktop would be. They are generally built to conserve power 5400 rpm HD's etc. So that is a factor. How powerful is the router? Which cams are freezing Wifi or Wired? Did you inspect the cables? Is your routers wifi channel the same as other routers in the neighborhood? Check that with a android app to survey the area. How far is the wifi cams any large structures? Uninstall/reinstall the app? Check for updates for it? What OS does the software support?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users