Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer runs, no post on monitor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 N4S

N4S

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

Hi all. So I have a custom computer i built a couple of years ago. Yesterday I purchased a new case fan. Before installing the new fan, I blew out the entire computer. I got everything good and proceeded to try and power up. The tower seams to come and run fine but i'm not getting anything on either of my monitors ( i've tried both on their own and still nothing ). This unit was running totally fine until I took it apart for cleaning and the fan. So far I have tried resetting the cmos, reseating the ram, and GPU, trying to boot with 1 ram. But nothing has worked I cant get anything on my monitor. I have checked all of my connections and it should be fine. The build for the computer is as follows,

MB: MSI Gaming 970

GPU: Nvidia GTx650

CPU: AMD (not sure of the exact specs)

2x 4GB Ram

The Mobo and Processor are only a couple months old but the GPU is pretty bad. I hope we can narrow this down to the GPU so i can just replace it. If anyone could help me in any way it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by N4S, 14 November 2015 - 09:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:38 AM

Welcome N4S to bleeping computer :welcome: !

I've found gpushack.com is a great place to look for a new gpu. Just make sure your power supply is big enough.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

Did you check the 6 pin power connector on the GPU?

What operating system are you using?

Your motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics, so you can't test this using the onboard graphics.

Do you have access to another computer you could install the GPU to see if it works in another computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 N4S

N4S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

The GPU is plugged in properly. I am using windows 8. I swapped my GPU with a friends today and still nothing. I obtained an internal speaker and ran a beep test on my rig. Came back 5 short beeps which seems to indicate a CPU issue. I'm going to take it to a local store for them to confirm before I buy anything. I hate PC problems :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users