My computer is running Windows 10 Home and it's a 64bit operating system. The only Browser I use is Firefox.
Somewhere on Nov. 4 or 5, when trying to access google.com through Firefox, the page would say Connection Untrusted. I'm fairly certain that I also tried to reach google.com through Microsoft Edge and was unable to do so there as well.
Anyway, in Firefox it would say "Connection Untrusted"
" The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported."
There was a button to click that said 'Get Me Out Of Here.' There was nowhere I could select to make an exception.
I have no problems accessing any other site, just google. I tried searching through Firefox support and saw someone with a similar issue. The fix they used didn't work for me, but I found out if I removed the s in https I was able to access google. Also that person was told to check the certificate which I decided to do as well. I can't remember the specifics but it said something like 'DO NOT TRUST' and that it came from fiddler2
I apologise if this isn't entirely clear as I was feeling very unwell at the time. I also ran Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. Windows Defender found nothing on a full scan and Malwarebytes found three entries:
PUP.Optional.InstallCore, C:\Users\Lady Of Greatness\AppData\Local\Temp\13085853585574858234.exe, Quarantined, [96d42f4b0c7f55e18b0c6cc2847da060],
PUP.Optional.InstallCore, C:\Users\Lady Of Greatness\AppData\Local\Temp\13085853797446219946.exe, Quarantined, [4525f684315a5adc5344b47a6a97f10f],
PUP.Optional.InstallCore, C:\Users\Lady Of Greatness\AppData\Local\Temp\is1901864539\1FA4809B_stp\icc.dll, Quarantined, [670341397516ea4c881614d4c1401ae6]
After that I wasn't feel well enough to do anything else about it. I'd use the workaround to get to google if I had to but that was it. I still couldn't access https://google.com without removing that s. There is one other user on this computer with a different user account. They have no problem accessing google through Firefox on their account.
Yesterday the problem got worse. Now when I try to acces google with or without that s, it simply says Problem Loading Page, The connection has timed out. I get the same result when I try to access Bing.com, which I had no problem with earlier. When I go to Yahoo.com, the main page shows up and I can type in and enter a search. I will see search results, but if I try to click on any of the search results they will not load. The other user account on this computer is still loading these pages just fine.
Two more things, first, when I ran Malwarebytes and quarantined those files, that was on the 5th of this month. As I said things didn't change till yesterday. The second thing, and it may or may not be related, is that a couple of times, I've seen a black box pop up, I think it's a cmd prompt box, and I would see in the title of it nslookup.exe. I have no idea what that is so I thought I'd mention it just in case.
I believe that's it.