Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with Internet with multiple computers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brandonb298

brandonb298

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

Not sure if this is suppose to go in this section but I need some support and answers. When I am on my laptop connected to the internet and my desktop is off my laptop works just fine staying connected to the internet. But as soon as my desktop gets turned on my laptop is no longer connected to the internet and will not connect back to my wifi until I turn the desktop off. Can anyone help me?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 November 2015 - 10:03 PM.
moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

Hello there, 

Have you tried updating your wireless adapters? If not, follow these simple steps: 

1. Click on the "Start" button 
2. Then click "Control Panel" 
3. Now click on "System and Security" 
4. Under "System", click on "Device Manager" 
5. Double click "Network Adapters", right-click your adapter, and then click "Properties" 
6. Click the "Driver" tab, and then click "Update Driver" 

Hope this helps!

#3 brandonb298

brandonb298
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:31 PM

I have attempted this numerous times is says its up to date....

#4 moxom

moxom

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

Hey there..

My guess would be that you don't have enough ip adresses.. Either you have to buy another one from your service provider or enable NAT on your network (usually home-router).

You can confirm this by checking your desktop ip address like this:

1 Open cmd (Press windows-key + r and type in 'cmd'.

2. Write ipconfig

3. Open a browser and go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/

If the adresses are the same, you either need to contact your service provider and ask how many adresses you have available, or purchase a device to NAT (Convert a single public address into several private adresses) for you.

If you do the same test on your laptop and find that the adresses are different, you might be able to connect your desktop to your wireless router and solve the problem that way.

Hope you figure it out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users