Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Put A Add A Pop Up In A Text Link That Looks Like A Screen Shot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 njdiamonds

njdiamonds

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

I am sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place, but i am new here and was looking for information on how to do something. I was looking on the web and found an article about making screen shots this is what i thought i wanted to do. As it turns out in the article on this web site the article is How To Make A Screen Shot. If you hover over the text links little pop ups appear. They look like screen shots or something like it and they were advertizements. I would like to know how to do this. I am not sure if I am even using the right terms for what I am asking for If some one could help me thank you. If I have posted this in the wrong area please tell me where to post my question.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:08 PM

Provide a link to the page where the tiny popups occured.

#3 Nat Sci

Nat Sci

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:18 PM

I think hes talking about a basic action in Javascript. Go Here. Scroll down until you see a smily face and make your cursor touch the smily. Is this what you meant?
Legend has it that... If you put an AOL disc the opposite way and play it you can hear devilish music... Even worse if you put it the right way... IT INSTALLS AOL!
Click here 3 times for $100,000<--- I mean .00001 dollars.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:39 AM

It sounds more like those annoying little things where an advertiser will cause certain words on a webpage to be double underlined and mousing over such a word results in a floating box hawking whatever item is associated with it.

Go here: http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=2215 and scroll down until you see the four pictures under "More Videos". Mouse over one of the images to see what I mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users